(For General and SC, ST, OBC, Category Candidates)
- Graduates with valid CAT-2009 Percentile Score are only eligible for consideration. Those appearing in their final examinations and expecting their results latest by 14thJuly, 2010 may however also apply.
- Admission shall be made strictly on the basis of Merit ONLY, as per the following weightage:
Entrance Test: 50%
CAT Score: 30%
Group Discussion: 10%
- Entrance Test, Interview & Group discussion for screened in candidates only, on the basis of CAT Percentile score shall be held at IIIT - Allahabad ONLY. While intimation to all screened candidates for the same shall be sent by courier also, the list shall be available on our web site and the applicants are therefore advised to visit the same frequently, in their own interest (www.iiita.ac.in). In no case shall the Institute be responsible for non-receipt of the information by the applicants.
- The list of candidates offered admission to the MBA (IT) Program shall be displayed on the Institute Notice Board as well as the Institute web site.
- The Program is Two Years Full Time Program. Classes shall commence from 14th July 2010. Separate residential facilities for Boys and Girls exist.
- Selected candidates shall have to present all original documents & 2 pass-port sized colored photographs before interview.
- List of provisionally selected candidates for admissions shall be displayed at Institute Notice Board in the evening of the same day.
- Fees by selected candidates shall be deposited in cash or by Demand Draft drawn in favour of IIIT-Allahabad and made payable at Allahabad, necessarily by 2:00pm of the next day or else candidates from the waiting list shall be offered the admission in order of merit.
- Medical fitness certificate in the form annexed shall have to be produced by the candidate before Interview or else the candidature shall be cancelled summarily.
(Sponsored Category Candidates)
- Applicants in this category shall be required to produce a Sponsorship Certificate from the Employer in the Format as annexed apart from the three letters of reference in the specified format .
- Only First Class Graduates with working experience are eligible for consideration.
- Merit list for this category shall be prepared as per the following weightage:Â
ï‚§ Entrance Test: 50%
ï‚§ Marks in Qualifying Degree: 15%
ï‚§ Length of experience: 15%
ï‚§ Group Discussion: 10%
ï‚§ Interview: 10%
(In case of a tie, candidate scoring higher percentage of marks in the Qualifying Degree Examination shall be given preference). Pl. Note: Candidates with Engineering Degree / Post Graduation, shall be given an Additional weightage of 5% in the â€œMarks Scored in Graduation Category
- While the academic criteria to pass and to be declared successful in the MBA Program of the Institute, shall remain the same as for other non-sponsored category candidates, the tuition fees for Sponsored Category Candidates shall be Rs. 50,000/- per Semester.
- Residential Facilities may be given subject to availability.
- Candidates should have working experience of at least one year from an Institution/ Organization/ Industry of repute. It is expected that the sponsored candidate will join back the sponsoring organization, hence they are not offered campus placement support.
- Experience in all above cases means experience obtained after successful completion of the Qualifying Degree
- Only candidates having at least 60% marks (Aggregate of whole Degree Exam) or equivalent Grade Points (certified conversion formula from Degree Granting Institution to be provided by the candidate) shall be eligible to apply. Certified conversion formula MUST accompany the filled in application form, or else the application shall be rejected summarily.
- Sponsorship certificate preferably in the format specified from Competent authorities of the concerned organization, on their letterhead, is a must.
- While upon initial selection into the program, the candidate shall be required to pay the fees etc. as per rules laid down for General candidates. For payment of routine semester fees and other dues, candidates shall personally be responsible to make sure that all necessary dues are got deposited by their respective sponsors in time. If dues are not cleared, the name of defaulting candidate shall be stuck off the rolls.
- Medical fitness certificate in the form annexed shall have to be produced by the candidate prior to the interview, in absence of which the candidature shall be summarily cancelled.
- Three letters of reference (sealed), must reach IIIT-Allahabad before the interview. (In format annexed)
- IIIT-Allahabad reserves all rights regarding admissions
(NRI / NRI Sponsored / Foreign Nationals)
- Graduates from Foreign Universities, duly recognized / accredited by the appropriate bodies / government agencies of the respective country and granted Equivalence by the Association of Indian Universities shall be considered. Those appearing in their final examinations and expecting their results latest by 14th July, 2010 may however also apply.
- Candidates shall be considered for admission only on the basis of a valid GMAT score as per the following weightage
Entrance Test: 50%
GMAT Score: 30%
Group Discussion: 10%
- While the academic criteria to pass and to be declared successful in the MBA Program of the Institute, shall remain the same as for other non-sponsored category candidates, the tuition fees for this Category of Candidates shall be US$ 2000.00 per Semester .
- Separate residential facilities for Boys and Girls exist.
- Three letters of reference must be submitted along with the application form in the Prescribed Format.
- Candidates graduating from the UGC recognized Indian Campuses of Foreign Universities shall be considered eligible for admission under this category. Such applicants shall however be required to produce UGC recognition certificate for their campus along with their applications. (In absence of the same, the application is liable to be summarily rejected)
- In case of above seat(s) remaining vacant sponsored category candidates shall be considered for admission in lieu thereof.
- The sponsorship is accepted by guardian, parents or relative of the candidate settled abroad only if it is for the whole program.
Syllabus for Entrance Examination for MBA (IT) Program
- Technical & IT Aptitude
Designed to measure aptitude for working with computers, this measures individualâ€Ÿs natural aptitude for computers and problem solving. It will measure ability in the following five areas: Recognition of similarities and differences, Syntax, Procedural Ability, Programming construct & Sequencing.
Designed to check the logical capabilities of the individual by usage of the following, Abduction reasoning; Analogical reasoning; Cause-and-effect reasoning; Cause-to-effects reasoning; Effects-to-cause reasoning; Comparative reasoning; Conditional reasoning; Criteria reasoning; Decompositional reasoning; Deductive reasoning; Inductive reasoning
- Mathematical Aptitude
Both of deal with questions involving arithmetic and algebraic problems the problems will test the sharpness of your mind and insight A consideration of weights to section viz contribution of marks to the total merit as:
S No Sections Weight-age
1. Technical & IT Aptitude 20%
2. Reasoning 15%
3. Mathematical Aptitude 15%
1. The octal equivalent of decimal 324.987 is
(a) 504.771 (b) 504.781 (c) 215.234 (d) 40.987 2
2. The field size of a city is determined by
(a) The shortest city name that will be entered.
(b) The longest city name in United States.
(c) The longest city name that will be entered in the database.
(d) Ten characters more than the longest city name that will be entered in the database.
1. Sale of Application Form-cum-Information Brochure begins November
2. Last date for issuing (in person) & receiving completed application Forms at IIIT-A counter January
3. Date of Entrance Test & Interview (at IIIT-Allahabad only) for screened in applicants February
Academic Session Starts: July